Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[G2] Mod Thanatos
Hi,

I'd like to present my own mod in development for Gothic 2. It is called Thanatos.

It is a very big, alone-standing modification. It plays in the dark world of my books in the land of nobody, at the borders with a real hell.

The main features are:
- Completely new world, cca 100times bigger than Gothic 2.
- A lot of NPCs, quests, new items, and new possibilities.
- Dubbing.
and more.

The modification is unique in many ways. Mostly it is very hard to play. You must be very careful to be able stay alive.

The full list of features as well as the story you may find on my website here. Screens (86) are here.

The language of Thanatos is English, but it will be translated in many languages like German, Russian, Polish, French etc.

I also look for people to join my profesional team of modders, so if anyone is interested then let me know. We take also people who don't know anything about modding but want to learn.

I'll also be glad for any comments, opinions, suggestions.

[Image: 81.jpg]
[Image: 17.jpg]
[Image: 68.jpg]
[Image: 72.jpg]
Web about all Gothic mods (over 330!!!)
[http://darkforests.info/]

Mod [Thanatos], [Infernum]
replyReply
100 times bigger than the actual size of Gothic 2? Man that requires a lot of effort from your team, good luck and i hope you`ll finish it in time Smile.
[Image: 242idki.png]
replyReply
(03-02-2013, 11:03 PM)Carnage Wrote: 100 times bigger than the actual size of Gothic 2? Man that requires a lot of effort from your team, good luck and i hope you`ll finish it in time Smile.

Yes, you're right. The interesting thing is that Thanatos I created completely alone. Now I have some members of my team to work on it further. I had to make the extremely large world, put down over 16000 vobs, that is objects of the world, and so on.

Also it is interesting that the mod is much different from Gothic 2. It is dark, dangerous, death-bringing. What concerns the greatness, a classical Gothic 2 plays on a big plane, where there are some hills, gorges, etc. But Thanatos plays in a country with extremely high mountains. So you must climb up and down, and again up and down, follow ledges, hill paths, etc, all around surrounded by devilish beasts. There are traps, dark corners, places where you feel completely blind. And of course treasures hidden all over the place. Smile

replyReply
That's cool,i think

I hope to finish them both as soon ...... do not know which one to start
replyReply
And how you will balance the game?
You will recive to much exp from those mobs i guess.... And at one point, i will easy..
Or not?
replyReply
(03-04-2013, 07:52 PM)roby14 Wrote: And how you will balance the game?
You will recive to much exp from those mobs i guess.... And at one point, i will easy..
Or not?

I wrote vobs not mobs. You don't get exps from either of them.

replyReply
(03-04-2013, 07:52 PM)roby14 Wrote: And at one point, i will easy..

Not at all easy, trust me. Pretty hard, I'd say. I've been murdered by a scavenger girl if you can figure.Haha
replyReply
(03-04-2013, 07:58 PM)Aeternitas Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 07:52 PM)roby14 Wrote: And how you will balance the game?
Or not?

I wrote vobs not mobs. You don't get exps from either of them.

My badHaha.
replyReply
But there are lot of creatures you can get your exps from, don't worry. :-) Hidden in the dark forests, gloomy caves, dangerous dales....

replyReply
At what percent do you think the project is at the moment? As for the other one?
[Image: 242idki.png]
replyReply